Foreigners entering Nepal for filming purpose or as a tourist should get a tourist visa. Granting a tourist visa has a period of maximum 150 days in a visa year. Moreover, visa year means January to December. To obtain any visa, please contact Nepal Embassy, a consulate in your country. Likewise, you can apply for ‘Visa on Arrival’ at the immigration entry points of Nepal. The Nepal Government has the sole power of granting or not granting a visa to any foreigner.
- People of some countries do not get a visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal. They are Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia, Swaziland, and Zimbabwe.
- Mindfulness of the date of Nepali visa and their passport number holds necessity to all foreigner visitors to avoid possible problems. As such, you are requested to apply for the visa extension, if you wish so, within the valid period of Nepali visa.
- Arrival/Departure stamps on your passport at the entry/exit points to avoid further legal complications.
- Living in Nepal without a passport or a valid visa acts as a punishable offense.
- Prohibition on change of purpose of stay without permission and employment or voluntary services while on a tourist visa. Moreover, this acts as a punishable offense.