How to get a permit to film in National Parks and Conservation Areas in Nepal?

NepalThe Ministry of Information and Communications approves the application for filming in Nepal. Then, the ministry provides a cooperation letter to Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation.
Not to mention, this gets a specific permit to film in National Parks namely Sagarmatha National Park, Chitwan National Park, etc. Furthermore, it gets a permit from National Trust for Nature Conservation for special permits in Conservation Areas like Annapurna Conservation Area, Manaslu Conservation Area, etc. Moreover, the permit approves within two working days after the submission to the government. Please see the name-list of Nepal’s National Parks, Conservation Areas, Hunting Reserves and Wildlife Reserves at  and

Documents Required

  1. Application forms including the schedule of filming, name, and location of the particular National Park or Conservation Area under the regulation of :
    i) Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation or
    ii) National Trust for Nature Conservation
  2. Synopsis
  3. Storyboard/Final Script/Treatment for documentary
  4. Letter of cooperation for filming issued by the Ministry of Information and Communications.
  5. An assignment letter made by the foreign filmmaker showing that they have already chosen and hired a local coordinator.

Filming Fee:

US $ 1000 per each National Park Area or Conservation Area.

Entrance Fee:

The entrance fee caries for each person/vehicle depending on the regulations of each National Park or Conservation Area. Fees require collection once during the period of filming.

Method of Payment:

The foreign producer or coordinator should pay the filming fee and service fee at the Department of National Parks and Wildlife Conservation or National Trust for Nature Conservation, also mentioning the area for filming.

Regulations Regarding Filming

Foreign production teams which already have been given the permit from the ministry must inform the head of the National Park at least a day before the filming commences.

Moreover, in the cases of changing the shoot location, postponed or extending the duration of the shooting, an application must be made to the respective National park or Conservation Area for further consideration.


cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail