The filmmaker or the local coordinator should inform the Fim Development Board. It should inform about the crew bringing in equipment for film production. Also, the goods useful for filming purposes or as a sample, after receiving the filming permit from the Ministry of Information and Communications. This needs execution before bringing into the country on a ‘Temporary Basis’. Moreover, the Film Development Board issues a letter of recommendation to the Customs office without any customs charge.
Things to know:
Nepalese Customs Administration collects Customs duty, Value Added Tax, excise and other taxes at the border points.
Restricted goods remain the goods the import and export of which the law restricts. Therefore, requires a permit from the related government agencies.
The items that require a permit from the government agency in order to lodge the Customs formalities are:
- Firearms, ammunition and explosive objects – Immigration and Border Administration Branch Ministry of Home Affairs and/or Ministry of Defense
- Historical, Antiques and Arts – Department of Archaeology, Photography and Documentation Branch, Ministry of Federal Affairs, Constituent Assembly, Parliamentary Affairs and Culture.
- Radio trans-receivers and telecommunications equipment – Ministry of Information and Communications
- Plants and planting materials: Live animals and animal products – Ministry of Agriculture & Co-Operatives, Department of Livestock Services, Directorate of Animal Health
- Medicines and Chemical Products – Department of Drug Administration, Ministry of Health and Population
For further information on any customs matter please visit http://www.customs.gov.np/
Foreigners returning from Nepal through Tribhuvan International Airport taking goods brought in Nepal with themselves of exceeding amount NPR 15000 can enjoy tax return from Customs Office. Customs office charges 3% as a service charge on the amount of tax return.
Nepal, being unique in its great multitude of cultures and colorful faces like Mongol, Caucasoid blended with indigenous and ethnic groups. Furthermore, Nepal has ample of modeling and acting talents available through its professional casting agencies.